Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I'm looking to go for low light/Med light

Just Ferns, moss, crypts and Amazon swords

My original plan was two brooder lights with spiral bulbs

·
Registered
124 Posts
They do have this one which they claim to carry in 24" although it's not shown in the dropdown box when choosing the length. You may need to contact them about that if you're interested in it.

EDIT: lol BenderBendingRodriguez beat me to it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I actually have the 24" so they do in fact make it. I think that whenever they are out of stock of a certain size they don't allow you to select it.
Makes sense. What size tank are you using it on? How's the growth? I built a 72W (24x3W bulbs) LED fixture for my reef tank a few years ago and it's been awesome for corals, but I have no experience with LEDs over a freshwater tank. I haven't looked into it yet but I have seen a few photos of planted tanks using LEDs and they look pretty awesome.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Accepted guidelines from LED lighting compendium:

Values between 10-30 are considered low light.
Values between 30-80 are considered medium light.
Values between 80-120 are considered high light.

24" ray 2 gives us:
24" fixture: 179 PAR @ 6", 87 PAR @ 12", 55 PAR @ 18"

your tank is:
24LX24HX12W

So yeah I would say that it would put you in the low/med light category. see what you think.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Makes sense. What size tank are you using it on? How's the growth? I built a 72W (24x3W bulbs) LED fixture for my reef tank a few years ago and it's been awesome for corals, but I have no experience with LEDs over a freshwater tank. I haven't looked into it yet but I have seen a few photos of planted tanks using LEDs and they look pretty awesome.
I don't actually have it set up yet but it will be going over a 17.4 gallon mr aqua soon with HC using pressurized co2 and pps pro so we'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.