The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I am looking for high light output in a 48" size. What would you buy for a 75 gallon?
Budget and features is pretty important to know in advance to answer this one. On the cheap end you could buy 1 or 2 beamswork DA FSPEC. On the more expensive end Twinstar, ADA, Kessil etc. You have some less known but decent options out there to like SBReef Light Freshwater. Then there is DIY options as well whether its LED flood lights or a whole proper DIY lighting fixture.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am in the same boat as the OP. I am looking at either fluval 3.0. At 210 for the fixture it is a great middle of the road with app supported control and 5 channel mixing. But after seeing a 75 with 2 30w rgb flood lights, I am leaning towards those but maybe using three instead as I don’t like the shadowed areas from only 2. That person was using 2 at full power so 3 at 60-70% would give awesome coverage and room to go higher if you feel lacking in light.
*edit* the 3 floods would be 60for super cheap to about 100 for novastella which is at least a company with better than most cheap led lights for reviews in smart home category.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.