The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon tank with anubias, swords, and cuba in it. I have T5 lighting that works out to about 3 watts per gallon. I run the lights for 10.5 hours per day. Is that enough lighting for these plants?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If that light fixture has good individual reflectors, that let you see a reflection of each bulb at both sides of the bulb, and has a full power ballast, it is probably giving you very high light, so that you will need to use pressurized CO2 with it to avoid massive algae problems. If the bulbs are very close together it may not light the front and back of the tank nearly as brightly as the center of the tank. If you can show us a photo of the light fixture, showing the bulbs and reflectors, and the manufacturer, it should be possible to guess fairly accurately how much light it is giving you. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/10-lighting/184368-lighting-aquarium-par-instead-watts.html should enable you to figure that out yourself, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.