The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've got a 1000 gallon tank that I'm looking for new lighting options for. It's a fish only tank but I may want to throw some frogbit in there and use java moss and maybe other low light plants that I can attach to some huge pieces of driftwood.
Currently lighting the tank are 2 48", dual t8 shoplight fixtures. I'm looking at replacing those with either 2 Finnex Ray II's or 2 Buildmyled.com fixtures, both in 48" lengths.
I'm just looking for recommendations for the tank to give me the best spread and quality of light for my dimensions, which are 8'x4'x4'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No takers on advice for lighting this beast, I see.:icon_smil I went ahead and ordered 3 custom freshwater fixtures from AJM Reef. The Finnex didn't seem big enough or bright enough for such a deep tank and my budget kind of kept me from getting the number of fixtures I would've liked from Buildmyled. Can't wait to see these lights over the tank. They should be a massive improvement over the shop light fixtures. Pics and impressions coming soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.