The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 40 gallon breeder from petco. I'm mineralizing mgoc topsoil. The capping it with eco complete. I plan on heavily planting it with low light plants, but also want a carpet. I know the carpet will be difficult since I want this to be low tech. No co2 and very little ferts.

Is the 36in finnex planted+ to much light? Or is it to much light just in the area it covers? Would I need two fixtures to cover the whole aquarium? I really want to have an led fixture.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
One finnex planted plus will light up the whole tank. The plants directly under the light will get more light then the plants on the sides. I have several planted plus fixtures. Carpeting without co2 is a lot slower but can be done in the right conditions. I'd start with a 6 hour photoperiod and if you start to see algae be ready to raise the light. Beachbum2012 makes some hanging brackets that work pretty well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.