The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my LED light a few weeks ago and overall it is working great. I have been fighting an algae outbreak which I feel is caused by the new lighting.

My CO2 is fine, my dosing hasn't change and it has given me an algae "free" tank for 5-6 years. The one change I made was the light.

Prior to the LED light I used a 2x96PC fixture. I ran one bulb for three hours in the AM, turned off the light for 1 hour around noon, ran both lights for 1-2 hours (depending on how much growth I wanted), then 1 bulb for 3 hours.

I found that the "off" period in the middle of the day had a big effect on reducing algae growth and without it I would get algae problems.

for my LED light I have four "scenes", AM, mid AM, Noon, night they run as:

AM
mid AM
Noon
mid AM
AM
night

What I have found is that I get algae growth without the "off" period. is this common for others?

How do you run you LED light, do you use off period? I'm trying to figure out the best lighting profile so my algae issues will recede.

thanks,
david

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.