The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

I am setting up a ten gallon rock scape tank and could use a little advice on how long to run my lights. It will be planted with HC only. My light is a current 40 watt dual daylight 65/10K PC lamp. It will be pressurized Co2 and also dosed with excell daily. Please any advise on how long a photo period I should run would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hello all-

I am setting up a ten gallon rock scape tank and could use a little advice on how long to run my lights. It will be planted with HC only. My light is a current 40 watt dual daylight 65/10K PC lamp. It will be pressurized Co2 and also dosed with excell daily. Please any advise on how long a photo period I should run would be greatly appreciated.
I've been experimenting with different photo periods on my ten gallon recently and I've found that 10.5 hours works best for me. I think it really depends on your type of lighting and which plants you are trying to grow, though. Anywhere between 6 and 12 hours seems to be the norm, but it really depends on your unique setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts