·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
I've seen people use tall desk lamps and point them downward and that seems to work well. There are some LED ones on amazon that will put out quite a bit of light. Or you go fancy and get something like an ONF Flat Nano or Chihiros C2 and fashion yourself a sleeve and base for the arm to slide into. If you look up the UNS version of the ONF Flat Nano, you can see a base they made for it, I feel like that is something that could be easily be DIY'ed for those two lights.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I unashamedly used the study lamp my parents bought me for college when I was growing a carpet for my tank.

This is a similar version:

My only complaint is that the bulbs contain mercury and you have to find a good way to dispose of it and not accidentally break the glass (which I have done once, and never again).

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I'm setting up a scape in a small bowl (approx 10 gallons) like this:
WGV Clear Giant 19 x16-Inch Round Bubble Bowl Vase, Large Glass Cleaning Cloth: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

However, struggling to find a good lighting option given that they can't clip onto the rim. Any suggestions of lights that will provide good lighting (high-tech setup) appreciated!
Desk lamp with a smart bulb would my recommendation. I used a desk lamp when I was running my bowl. If you have a smart bulb you will be able to reduce the strength of light till you dial in the correct parameters and run it on a timer without needing any other equipment.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.