The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I recently got a UNS 12G long.

Dimensions (LxWxH) - 35.43" x 7.87 x 9.84

I'm trying to decide what lighting to get, and I'm wondering if anyone has any expertise/guidance.

I would love to do two puck style lights, but AI primes FW are out of my price range.

If I went with a bar light (something like the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 CRV Aquarium LED Light), would I need it to span the full 35 inches of the tank to get good growth, and/or could I mount it 12" above the tank and still get good PAR penetration for my plants.

Appreciate the help in advance!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I believe at 20” the finnex is 40-60 par with I think a 120 degree Lens. You’ll get the coverage to grow lower light plants. Either way you’ll need to get a 36” light and then you can use the standard mounting legs or get the ones that raise it up if you want or lower the intensity if 100+ par with the stock legs is too much for your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If you really want pucks, you could get a couple of Fluval Plant 3.0 Nanos. I have used them on many rimless tanks. You can even reverse the bracket if you want more height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.