The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to the planted tank world. I have a 29g plant tank with a 30" coralife T5 fixture. I have 2x30" coralife freshwater plant bulbs on it. I think that they are 18watts each. I have 2 diy co2 bottles so i get a 1 to 2 bubbles a second that i diffuse with a OTB aquaclear 50. The plants I have seem to thrive. Dwarf baby tears(growing fast), dwarf hairgras(growing...), madagascar lace plant(Very fast!), to name a few. My question is, do you think that I have enough light? Does the plants growing too fast mean that they need more light and are trying to reach for it? I know that allot of non-submerged plants do that. They all look very healthy but the tank is only 2 months old. I hope i posted this in the right place.. Any advice or even opinions would be great! Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been using FloraPride. I guess its working okay.... I do a 3gallon water change every week and use a 1/4-1/2 dose of FloraPride with every water change. Seems to be okay. Could I be using/doing something better?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
FloraPride doesn't contain macro nutrients, only micronutrients. You didn't mention what substrate you are using, so that may be supplying the macro nutrients that are giving you such good growth. You really need to dose nitrates, phosphates and potassium eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am using eco-complete as my substrate. Still a fairly new tank so I guess the substrate still may contain some goodies..?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts