The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to compare these two lighting fixtures. From my understanding the UNS titan 1 is an ADA RBG Solar at a lower price point and of course has no controllability at all. The pricing for both of these lights is close enough for me to consider both of them however I am not sure which fixture would be considered better. Also, I have noticed there are two versions of the ONF flat one: yellow and blue-white, I think I would be leaning to more of the blue-white, but I am not sure if this is the better of the two fixtures for a standard high tech planted tank. In terms of what I am looking for in these fixtures would be the overall better color rendition that can make greens and reds pop, while not looking somewhat artificial in nature (for example I own a twinstar S and while it's a nice powerful light the hue it gives off seems a bit off).

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Hello, I am trying to compare these two lighting fixtures. From my understanding the UNS titan 1 is an ADA RBG Solar at a lower price point and of course has no controllability at all. The pricing for both of these lights is close enough for me to consider both of them however I am not sure which fixture would be considered better. Also, I have noticed there are two versions of the ONF flat one: yellow and blue-white, I think I would be leaning to more of the blue-white, but I am not sure if this is the better of the two fixtures for a standard high tech planted tank. In terms of what I am looking for in these fixtures would be the overall better color rendition that can make greens and reds pop, while not looking somewhat artificial in nature (for example I own a twinstar S and while it's a nice powerful light the hue it gives off seems a bit off).
Sorry sort of an old post but curious if you found an answer.
UNS titan is a confusing light from my standpoint. Not sure if it is tuned RGB or just ww/cw diodes.
Makes calling it a bit difficult without actually seeing it.

Bottom line is if you want red/green to pop need lot of r/g in your light.
Popping colors does have a minor damper on "natural".

You will want a color tunable fixture most likely so nonadjustable ones are pretty well out though some simpler ones work ok like Finnex planted plus w/ 660nm red and high k whites and some blue.
Historically I guess is that popping green is one thing, popping reds is another. Mildly incompatible demands.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.