The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one have question on lighting my 75 gal tank. question is my tank has assoted swords,java moss, java fern,anubias,vallisneria,assorted crypts rotala indica and some aponogetons it also has pressurized co2 . is a 130 watts of 6500k compact flouorescent enough lightin for these plant I know its just under 2 watts per gal. thanks

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think most people will tell you that WPG is somewhat outdated, and will want to know what kind of fixture/how many bulbs you're using. Also what height the light sits from the surface of the substrate.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You ask us, lol? Question is, how are the plants doing? If they are doing well then I would guess it is enough for the plants you have. Were you wanting to try something additional?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lighting on a 75 gal tank

Thanks jrman83 and Rush 3737 for the reply. Actually jrman83 i wanted to try cutting back.the light i have is a coralife with 4 65 watt cf bulbs 6500k.thinking that this was over kill. iam not rowing any red or other plants that need real high light.but every thig i have red says most plant will grow at 2watts per gal and cutting it in half is just underso i wasnt sure if i would be ok.thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts