The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on getting my equipment lined up for a tank. Been out of the hobby for a while and the wife allowed me to set up a tank. I currently have the tank so that's really my only option as I'm on a budget.

My plan is keep it low tech with low to medium lights. I don't plan on running co2 any time soon. With that said I am looking at LEDs of some sort that's not going to cost an arm and a leg. I have used gu10 lights in the past and flood lights with some success. But looking for recommendations as I'm finding things have improved since I got out.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
What's the distance on the widest part of the tank? How tall is the tank?

You have a few options when it comes to lights. There are traditional aquarium light bars that come in all manner of price points. Then you have single point lights like Kessil and AI Prime as well as others. For this type you have fewer options and price points but they tend to be easier to implement on non standard sized tanks.

To start off you should probably set a budget. Your options will be dramatically different at say the 50 dollar price point vs the 600 dollar price point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
21" tall and 37 " corner to corner. Overflow box to the front is 19". I'd like to stay closer to the 50 then 100 because of total budget. But I also understand the buy once cry once at times.

After doing some research I came up with a list of plants I might keep to help. Figure out lighting.
Alternanthera reineckii ''roseafolia''
Dwarf sag
Ludwigi depend
Ludwigi brivpes
Crypt wendtil
Buechalandra Bruce
A type of val
Java fern
Anubius petite
Xmas or flame miss
Hygrophilla corymboss or stricta

Fish stock might be
Angelfish, khulia loaches or yoyo loaches, a smallish schooling fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts