The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set up a 75 gallon low light and I am looking for a decent fixture for cheap. I saw the option of two Single T5 Coralife 48" fixtures at 28 watts each totaling 56 watts or the double T5 Coralife 48" 2x28 watt fixture...I know using two singles would be better than the double but it would cost more to buy two completely separate fixtures.

Anyone know of any 48 inch light fixtures to use to make a low light 75 gallon tank? I'm looking to spend ideally no more than $100 bucks considering thats how much it would cost for my original option of the coralife fixtures.

I figured I'd ask you guys in the lighting forum since this is your kind of topic, lol.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You could suspend a 2x54 watt T5HO and play with height over the tank to find the "sweet spot."
Not likely for $100:icon_eek:

If you think it is possible that some day you will want to use high light, and use an open top tank, with a hanging light fixure, a 2 x 54 watt T5HO fixture would be a good choice. A 3 x 54 watt T5 fixture, with two switches, which Catalina sells, might be a better choice. But, you will definitely want that fixture hanging, not sitting on the tank.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone show me a way on how to suspend the lights?....The lights I like which are the Nova Extreme T5HO 2x54 don't have a hanging kit that I know of. Or maybe show me a similar light fixture for around the same price that has an optional hanging kit.

EDIT: The tank comes with a 48" inch T8....can I get any use out of that or add to it, or should I just get the new lights?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.