The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a few weeks ago about lighting for this tank. Well now that it's almost resealed I'm going forward with equipment. It's a 54gal corner bowfront. Front corner to back corner is 27". Front corner to front corner is 36" and is about 24" tall. I'm considering the chirios wrgb 2 or a twinstar but if I'm going to need 2 lights then I might have to look at different options.

If there is a better option that is under the 250 price point please let me know. Currently I'm on the fence about co2 injection but that might be something I add in the future.

The list of plants I am looking at keeping are:
Alternanthera reineckii ''roseafolia''
Dwarf sag
Ludwigi depend
Ludwigi brivpes
Crypt wendtil
Buechalandra Bruce
A type of val
Java fern
Anubius petite
Xmas or flame miss
Hygrophilla corymboss or stricta

Fish stock might be
Angelfish, khulia loaches or yoyo loaches, a smallish schooling fish.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Lights on a corner bow front can be tricky and generally if you're going to go for a moderate tech/ high tech set up with intermediate or above plants (read- requires co2 and high light) you're going to want a strip light style light for the middle/ front and a couple spot lights or in tank strips to cover the back and any carpeting plants you may have. If you go low tech with easy plants you could probably get away with 1 light but you're going to want to stay away from most stem plants as you don't have the same lighted angles as a rectangular tank and that back corner NEVER gets enough light without a spotlight. I'm not one to debate different lighting brands, though as I've never truly had the time or resources to experiment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.