The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dual lamp T5 HO Aquatic Life lighting for my 46 gallon bow front, my question is what type of lighting is this for my tank.. I want to make sure I put the right type of plants in the first time.. Thank you..

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I have a dual lamp T5 HO Aquatic Life lighting for my 46 gallon bow front, my question is what type of lighting is this for my tank.. I want to make sure I put the right type of plants in the first time.. Thank you..
Hi Leichty,

You didn't indicate the manufacturer of the fixture or the wattage of your bulbs but you probably have a 2X39 watt fixture which should give you about medium light at a substrate level of 22". Hopefully you have two 6700K bulbs in the fixture. I have a 45 gallon tall (36"X12"X24" tall) and I run a 1X96 watt fixture. With that much light I use CO2.

45 Gallon Tall w/ 1X96 watt

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a AquaticLife 36 inch dual lamp T5O fixture wattage 78w It says it is high output, I'm new to this and I want to make sure I put the right plants with the light I have , I am going to do a diy co2 of some sorts, I got to figure out what I need. If you guys can point me out in the right direction that would be great, I want to get started setting this up, You all have such beautiful tanks on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts