The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have one, I'm in the planning phase. My tetras in the 29 have gone through a serious growth spurt so I can either bring them to my healthy fish store where they came from or give them more space. Packing them up seems like more work, so I've decided to give them more space.

I've never had a deep tank like a 40 breeder, so I'm trying to figure out what is the best way is to light the tank. I've had nothing but good luck with the Fluval Aqua Sky LEDs, so I will be sticking with those.

What I am struggling with is how to keep the tank low light with 2 fixtures. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to set one fixture in the back for plants that are taller and prefer more light such as Wisteria at a higher setting while keeping the second fixture on a dimmer setting for things like anubias?

I've thought about trying to keep the tank to one fixture, but I'm not sure how well that would work. I have to keep lids on my tank as the tetras are jumpers. As it is, I suspect I'm going to have issues with them trying to launch themselves out of the 40 because it is shorter than the 29. Keeping floating plants over their heads has helped, but they still could use a dose of fishy Valium sometimes.

Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,078 Posts
I don't have one, I'm in the planning phase. My tetras in the 29 have gone through a serious growth spurt so I can either bring them to my healthy fish store where they came from or give them more space. Packing them up seems like more work, so I've decided to give them more space.

I've never had a deep tank like a 40 breeder, so I'm trying to figure out what is the best way is to light the tank. I've had nothing but good luck with the Fluval Aqua Sky LEDs, so I will be sticking with those.

What I am struggling with is how to keep the tank low light with 2 fixtures. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to set one fixture in the back for plants that are taller and prefer more light such as Wisteria at a higher setting while keeping the second fixture on a dimmer setting for things like anubias?

I've thought about trying to keep the tank to one fixture, but I'm not sure how well that would work. I have to keep lids on my tank as the tetras are jumpers. As it is, I suspect I'm going to have issues with them trying to launch themselves out of the 40 because it is shorter than the 29. Keeping floating plants over their heads has helped, but they still could use a dose of fishy Valium sometimes.

Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated.
2 is more ideal..
https://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Aquas...qid=1465590103&sr=1-3&keywords=fluval+aquasky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.