The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was referred to this Forum by a few friends from Facebook. The problem I face is lighting my 40 Breeder Aquarium. As many of you know the tank will be 36 L x 18 D x 17 H. Let me start off by telling you what I wish to accomplish. I would like to be able to grow a wide variety of plants. Anywhere from Crypts and Swords, to being able to complete a carpet of Dwarf Hairgrass to Dwarf Baby Tears. The mission however is to keep this affordable. The wife would kill me if I spent over $200. Assuming that DIY is none existent, what lights would let me accomplish my dreams of carpeting? Photo's and Links would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Front to back coverage is a bit difficult with a single fixture mounted on the top. That said, I get good results with a Finnex 24/7 on a 40B, but am mindful of plant placement. Haven't attempted any carpeting plants, though I wouldn't expect to be able to achieve even growth front to back.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Hello, I was referred to this Forum by a few friends from Facebook. The problem I face is lighting my 40 Breeder Aquarium. As many of you know the tank will be 36 L x 18 D x 17 H. Let me start off by telling you what I wish to accomplish. I would like to be able to grow a wide variety of plants. Anywhere from Crypts and Swords, to being able to complete a carpet of Dwarf Hairgrass to Dwarf Baby Tears. The mission however is to keep this affordable. The wife would kill me if I spent over $200. Assuming that DIY is none existent, what lights would let me accomplish my dreams of carpeting? Photo's and Links would be much appreciated!
EVO Quad 36 LED 6500K (TR)
$140 and enough light..

If you find any shading at the top front/back either raise it a tad or take some of the 90 degree lenses off..
That will increase spread angle to over 90 though there are some baffle issues. Will cross that bridge later.. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.