The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running a 29gallon tank for about a year now. The bulb that came with the tank from craigslist is still in there. I believe it is just a basic light from like Walmart considering the person I bought it from got the setup from walmart.
I have been adding more and more plants, so I'm thinking I may need more light.
I want to increase the amount of light, but my plants are all rated at "low light" according to my local store.
What kind of bulb should I look for that will help to grow some of my plants a bit better. I have noticed that they have started growing slower since I've added some new plants over the last few months.
I would rather not mess with CO2 since I have never used it before and I already have 3 other tanks running that I need to keep up with also.
Any ideas? Any suggestions on what to order.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The only effect adding more plants will have is to add competition for the limited nutrients available. More plants don't mean more light is needed. If you use substrate fertilizer tabs you might do fine with the light you have.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I would rather not mess with CO2 since I have never used it before and I already have 3 other tanks running that I need to keep up with also.
If you want to upgrade the best light is T5 NO. Best deal from Big Als.
Can you tell what brand and kelvin rating it has?

Trallen44 has a 55 gallon tank with 1 32 watt 10,000 K bulb T8 by Zoo Med. Thus depending on your plants the light may be okay. Easiest plants are hornwort, anubias, java fern or moss.

Can you post a picture?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.