The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I plan on setting up a shrimp only nano soon and when shopping I had seen a 2 x 9watt Corallife Miniaqualight at a lfs and a 2.5 gallon tank at a Petsmart. Will the Miniaqualight sit correctly on top of the tank?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you guys using co2 and EI in a tank this small with this light. I used to have a 5 gallon with a 25 watt spiral pc and didn't dose anything. I'm thinking maybe I could use the light maybe some light excel, with ppmd. Planting only anubais, maybe some crypts, and moss only.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I put some ferts in only occasionally, same for excel. The trick I've got with these smaller tanks is less water changes. I'm up to about 3-4 weeks between any water changes. Top off when needed, and maybe some sort of fert once or twice a week and in really small amounts.

Only have cherries in one nano, and only some really small Gracilis, and some other micro rasboras in the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.