The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of planted aquariums for awhile (pre-LED), and looking to get back in now. I really like the dimensions of the 75p aquariums. The Lighting options seem more limited than the 60p or 90p tanks though. What LED lights are good for 75p length tanks. I’m looking for a light to sit on top of the tank edges (not a pendant/hanging light). Will the twinstar 600 adjustable light work? Some sites seem to insinuate it will work for 75p, other sites seem to say it only adjusts to 70 cm.

I am thinking low to moderate light tank.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Been out of planted aquariums for awhile (pre-LED), and looking to get back in now. I really like the dimensions of the 75p aquariums. The Lighting options seem more limited than the 60p or 90p tanks though. What LED lights are good for 75p length tanks. I’m looking for a light to sit on top of the tank edges (not a pendant/hanging light). Will the twinstar 600 adjustable light work? Some sites seem to insinuate it will work for 75p, other sites seem to say it only adjusts to 70 cm.

Description indicates it will fit a 75cm tank. This light would require you to also buy the dimmer or for you to be running co2 as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I have the 75p - bought it 3 years ago and it is still my main tank. Finding a good light and a good stand (that fits seamlessly, edge to edge) was an issue. In the end I went with a Twinstar 600sp. I also bought arms that attach to the back glass and hung it from the arms. The light is great but the left and right 3" of the tank get less light than the rest since the light is 60p. In the end, I wish I had gone with a 90p.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.