The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read over this forum over and over for the last several days, and I am quite confused. I just purchased a 75 gallon 48 x 18 x 21, and I am looking for an Led light that will eventually, as I become more comfortable, grow DHG or HC. I am looking at the Beams Light Snake eys quad 3x 48inch, finnex planted pro 24/7, or the Fluval 2.0. I need some help, as my expierence with lighting is minimal. I have had lots of fish only tanks, but this would be the first planted aquarium I try. I plant to run pressurized Co2 and to dose fertilizer. Tank will be dirted 1-1.5 inch miracle grow organic/ kitty liter and 1 inch cap of some type of sand. Thx in advance

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
For what its worth, I have a Current Satellite Plus Pro and a Current Satellite Plus on my 75g planted. I run the 2 fixtures because for me, it seemed i just could not get enough coverage in the tank with just one fixture. Raising the single fixture helped, but then it seemed I had less light intensity in the tank.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I will post a picture tonight of what my tank looks like right now with just 1 planted plus on my tank with only excel every 2 days at 5ml dosing. And it Wil give you a idea of what you want to do from there. But if you are worried about coverage with just 1 ray 2 I would do 2 planted plus's which will give you for my out look high light. Tank is in my signature

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.