The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:I'm going back to my planted setup, I got tired of nano reefing but it was fun for a while. I have a 65g 36X18X24 tank and I want to do a planted tank and will likely do CO2 this time around.
Im thing about using a 36" T5ho from current or a 2 fixture Hagen Glo system both at 78watts total. I also have a 13 watt panaorama LED module which is the 50/50 8000K and 453nm.How do I light this baby? Is this enough? I know in reef tanks a 24" deep tank would take tons to light but I have heard less is necessary for good plant growth.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The only problem I see from using either the Current or Hagen 2x39 watt T5HO light is the spread over the whole 18 inch front to back dimension. Ideally you would want to use a fixture with better quality reflectors, two bulbs, but with the bulbs separated about 8 inches apart. Catalina Aquarium could make you a custom light fixture that meets that criteria.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think about a sunblaze T5HO fixture? It's 24" X 4 bulbs. I think it's 96 watts w/ good reflectors. I'm not sure about using a 24" fixture on a 36" long tank but I have the AGA stand and hood...My plan would be to mount the fixture onto the hood/canopy door somehow?? Would that be possible

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh..and to Hoppy. I looked at some of your threads on Par/Distance etc. Cool stuff. I was on this forum about 4yrs. ago, when I moved I took my 65g discus tank down and tried nano reefing. Much has changed since then in a short time. Led's are booming in this hobby and rimless tanks used to be tough to come by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts