The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m having trouble choosing lighting for my new project. The tank is 60x45x45(cm). My original choice for lighting was the ADA RGB Solar. One light and done. I have Twinstars on two other tanks and really like them. If I were to opt for the new Twinstar light, would I need two units for good coverage? I’m not really looking to grow anything particularly demanding but would like to have a light that will not limit my choices too much. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
45 cm is not very wide or deep. If you have 2 other twinstars already you have a very good idea of the amount of coverage they have. You should definitely be fine especially if you go with one of the more premium twinstar models. Other options include Chihiros Vivid (the ada solar competitor) or the Chirihos WRGB (the twinstar competitor).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have the Twinstar SP 1200 - Pendant style, great light and lots pf power.
I think I’m sold on the Twinstar. The problem I’m having is finding a slick looking hanging system that doesn’t attach to the rim of the tank. Most of the systems I see look like they wouldn’t work for the Twinstar because the hanging wires are situated at the very edge of the light. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think I’m sold on the Twinstar. The problem I’m having is finding a slick looking hanging system that doesn’t attach to the rim of the tank. Most of the systems I see look like they wouldn’t work for the Twinstar because the hanging wires are situated at the very edge of the light. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!
Hanging system that does not attached to the rim of the tank. Mmmm unless you can build something that can be put on the wall then hang the light from there or hang the light from the ceiling.

I bought 2 UNS arms for the light, you can see it in the photo I have in my profile.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hanging system that does not attached to the rim of the tank. Mmmm unless you can build something that can be put on the wall then hang the light from there or hang the light from the ceiling.

I bought 2 UNS arms for the light, you can see it in the photo I have in my profile.
I have looked at that particular system. It is definitely the better option for a rim attached hanging solution. Any problems with wicking?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.