The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a fluval chi that i am planning on making into a high tech planted nano. My real question right now is what would be the best light for the tank as it is only 10x10x12?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The real question is how you want to mount the light. Most lights available require you to remove the filter. If you are willing to remove the filter, there many choices I can give you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original filter and lighting will not be used. All that i am retaining from the chi is the tank itself. it is going to have pressurized co2 injection along with a small canister filter (still undecided on which one) for filtration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been looking around and ive found a 13 watt fixture and a 26 watt fixture from
Archaea. because the tank is only 10 inches wide would the 26 watt be overkill?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry this reply came a little late, but you can see picture of the way I modified the lighting on the Fluval Chi. Just ditch the filter it comes with and replace it with a submersible. I added a 10x10 glass lid with modified shelving pieces I got from Lowe's. I also used a $7 off petco coupon at Petsmart and got the Marineland LED lighting for $25 and it is powerful. i have it on a diurnal electric timer. I ordered a CO2 injection kit and it's coming this week. So hopefully I can get my hairgrass to take off (I've had a couple runners so far).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts