The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

I'm looking for advice on LED lighting for a 20x20x20 freshwater planted Aquarium. *Edit* Actual depth is 17 inches.

Finnex fugeray or Ray2 has caught my attention, any others I should consider?

Thanks for your responses!

Brad

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Are you looking for high light, and plan to use pressurized CO2? Or, are you looking for low light, planning to use no CO2, little or no fertilizing, with a topsoil substrate? Or what? It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
132 Posts
im running the 20 inch planted + on my tank. mid to high light level with co2. no complaints so far after four and a half months. my tank is roughly the same size as yours.
My depth is 18'' with a current 30'' planted +, I love it.. But I am unsure what lighting I am at. I thought I was in Low light.. Am I in mid light jmsaltfish797??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Following....I have a tank this size as well. I have a standard florescent hood, and I've added a 6500k cfl clip on. Low light plants do pretty well with this set-up, but I would definitely like to upgrade to ONE light with a nicer look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.