The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently de-rimmed a standard 10 gallon tank but don't see any options for a 20" lighting fixture. Hoping to get around 3-4 watts as it will be more of a "high tech" tank, any suggestions. New to forum so any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,991 Posts
I assume you are basing your WPG on T12 bulbs and not other kinds of bulbs? You could easily achieve high lighting with T5HO bulbs for a tank your size.

Alternatively, if you are not against CFLs, you could put two 26 watt CFL bulbs (i.e. using a desk lamp or the like) over your 10 gallon tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yea, I've got a 30 inch span and that's hard to get sized too, ended up just doing 2 24" lamps in a 30" fixture but it still looks good. I have seen a 20" fixture so they do exist, but you might be better with a retrofit of some type and rigging up a fixture of your own?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was hoping for a T5 fixture but don't see any brands that make a 20" inch fixture. Was hoping to avoid doing a dyi fixture and or CFL's, just more simple if I could find a fixture.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any room to hang it maybe ? I have 48 watts t-5 ho above my 10 , I built it in under the cabinet. I originally had a 55 pc in there until it burnt out and did a quick replacement with the GLO fixture that I dismantled and made into a retro fit .

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts