The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.5 gallon tank from petsmart (Top Fin) and the hood it came with sorta sucks. The light socket is super tiny and idk if i'll be able to find a full spectrum light (For my ghetto plants) that will fit inside of it. I haven't really looked yet. But, does anyone know a website that sells light fixtures that can fit tiny tanks? I'd get the actual measurements of the tank, the box is in the other room and frankly i don't feel like getting up. :icon_sad:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I have a 5.5 gallon tank from petsmart (Top Fin) and the hood it came with sorta sucks. The light socket is super tiny and idk i...:icon_sad:
Sylvania, 23 watt, daylight, "now smaller than ever" spiral compact bulb. Menard's and Walmart carry them in two packs. On my son's 5.5 gallon tank, we had six species of plants that did very well.

·
Super Moderator
17,002 Posts
GE produces a 26w 6500K "Daylight" CFL that you can buy at most grocery stores and hardware stores for $5-$7. You can always use one of those (or two, if you're feeling ready for high light) with a clamp fixture from the hardware store (another $5-$7).

If you're after something that looks more finished, be prepared to spend $50-$100. Searching with Google will yield tons of shops that sell what you're looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.