The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started looking around for good lighting for my 200L planted tank. Right now I have 2x 85-110 JBL Natur lights. They look good but just dont bring out any red in my tank. I was thinking of the Chihiros wrgb 2 or the Twinstar 600S. What are your views on these lights? The aim is to get nicest reds and greens out of my plants.

Also - I read that the twinstar 600S does not have an app like the Chihiros?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Also - I read that the twinstar 600S does not have an app like the Chihiros?
Twinstar does not have an app, no timer, or dimmer either though you can buy dimmers and of course timers to add on. I owned a chihiros wrgb 2 for a little under a year and then it died on me. I just ordered a twinstar s series light but it hasn't arrived yet (also ordered a dimmer, will be using a smart plug for the timer). Hopefully in a few days to a week or so I will have the twinstar and be able to speak intelligently about a comparison.

Anyway there are quite a few light options out there, including kessel or ai prime if you want point source lighting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just upgraded from twinstar S to Chihiros vivid 2 and finally pearling .Now red must be just color of led coz it seems better now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats great to hear! what size did you get yours and are you hanging it or by mount

Is the difference between chihiros wrgb2 and vivid a big difference?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just saw that and I decided to go for the WRGB2 instead of the VIVID as I want it across the whole aquarium. If my aquarium is 100cm wide I should get the 90-110 right? and hanging the light give any added benefit?

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Just saw that and I decided to go for the WRGB2 instead of the VIVID as I want it across the whole aquarium. If my aquarium is 100cm wide I should get the 90-110 right? and hanging the light give any added benefit?
Hanging and at a height above "standard leg" height is just to adj. light coverage front/back and/or left/right.
Costs some PAR but that is another story..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts