The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Finnex Planted Plus 30" and a Marineland Double Bright (Reef) on a standard 29g with C02 infusion. I keep having to battle BBA. I have a properly calibrated PH meter that controls the C02, and I don't have it on a timer. I just maintain a constant PH all day & night long. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the BBA. It's doesn't take over the tank, but my Hairgrass always has that crap in it and it looks horrible. What can I do besides breaking the tank down and starting over?? I have done the "One-Two" Punch Peroxide and Excel that is in the forum. I know the Reef light isn't optimal and I do have issues with Diatoms but that's basically because of not dosing Ferts all the time. I also have 4 SAE (true) and they will only eat the algae if I spot kill it first.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Tetra Algostop tablets.... plant and crittersafe, works for 6 weeks. 12 tablets in a packet.
That should give you enough time to figure out what went wrong, or for your biomass to do the fighting for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am weary of putting longterm stuff...anyone attest to the results? I can't even find the stuff online on "the bay" or Amazon. Tells me it's not too common. It doesn't look like it's available in the States yet.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I might try removing the Marineland double bright light and just use the Finnex planted plus for two week's.
Will take that long to see reduction of the algae.
Keep filter material clean and perform weekly 35 to 50 % water change.
Adopt some type of regular (not irregular) fertilizer dosing would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do "do" Ei Dosing, just not consistently as I would like. I almost always do the 60-70% water changes every 7-9 days....I will definitely take the light off and see how the Algae is controlled. Time is not an issue as far as patience goes. Lastly I don't think the Algumin stuff is available either here..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.