The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using this led light for a 20g long (32"x12"x12"). the substrates are about 3" and the light sits 2-3" from surface. Is it too much or not enough?

Total 72LEDs, 1800 lumen
52 pcs 6500K White
10 pcs Actinic Blue; 5 pcs Pink; 5 pcs Green
Light Dimension (not include bracket) : 27.75”x2.7”x0.4”

I am also using a smaller version of above for another low tech 10g,
Total 42LEDs, 1050 lumen
30 pcs 6500K White
6 pcs Actinic Blue; 3 pcs Pink; 3 pcs Green

·
Registered
745 Posts
I haven't used that exact light but I've had a 20 long going since 2004 with too many different lighting configurations to list. With the plants you listed I think you will have plenty of light. If you find you're getting some algae I'd look into lightly dosing an all-in-one fertilizer and raising the light up higher off of the surface -- but those are just contingency plans. Good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't used that exact light but I've had a 20 long going since 2004 with too many different lighting configurations to list. With the plants you listed I think you will have plenty of light. If you find you're getting some algae I'd look into lightly dosing an all-in-one fertilizer and raising the light up higher off of the surface -- but those are just contingency plans. Good luck!
Any all-in-one to recommend? I am not dosing anything at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(Max) 6 hours of light what does your tests show, get a 16 in 1 or a 9 in 1 (tap water) test strip it works for aquarium water too and its more accurate, found on amazon

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I used the same light on my 20g shrimp tank and grew all sorts of low light plants. I use floaters in all my tanks, that one as well. I ended up leaving it on 12 hours a day without algae. The floaters and shrimp did a swell job handling the competition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts