The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was part of a bigger post in general planted tanks but I didn't get any feedback on the lighting part of my question so I moved that part over here. I planning a 125 planted Discus tank with these plants primarily - Assorted swords, assorted crypts, contortionist Val, Blyxa, possibly some Buce and possibly a few red stems.

Lighting would be a 72in. Beamswork DA with the 5 rows of .5wt diodes but I'm not sure about the mutli-colored "full spectrum" or the white/blue "6500k"

Which is the better choice? I'm trying to keep things simple.

TIA,
Roy

. . . and now I find this - DHL 72" 6500K LED 90x 1Watt

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
. . . and now I find this - DHL 72" 6500K LED 90x 1Watt
They will all do the job. The plant that will need the most light low tech is blyxa (depending on what you mean by 'red stems'). But so long as you put it under the light in the middlish area (not in the corners) you shouldn't have an issue. Mind you these are all the bottom of the barrel for price of lights, really hard to get cheaper then these. If you are willing to spend more you can start getting into lighting systems with features like app control etc.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so what I hear both of you saying is that all three options will work for the plants I'm choosing, it's just my decision on the color temp that I like the best?

Correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.