The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is 60x19x19. I only have like 80 watts now and need alot more. I dont have C02. Would LED be the best way to go? And what would be the best? Specs,brands, etc.?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont mind DIY work, depending on how extensive it is. the lights just sit on top which isnt the most pleasant looking but i dont have a canopy to cover it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what would be the best investment without changing the most things? would it be better for me to remove the glass?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You could use two rows of AH Supply light, like 3-36 watt light kits per row, 6 total. keeping about 8 inches or so between the rows. That would possibly be a bit more light than you could manage without CO2, but if you mounted them in a simple box hood, so they were about 4-6 inches above the top of the tank, it should work well without CO2. Or you could use a 96 watt and a 55 watt in each row. At worst you might decide to run only one row of lights at a time, to keep the intensity down.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
what would be the best investment without changing the most things? would it be better for me to remove the glass?
LED isnt cheap. LEAVE the glass, it is also there for support.

Hang you some T5's (NO, that is)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im kinda overwhelmed by all the T5 info. Can someone suggest a good bulb fixture combo brand or place to buy from? two 48" NO is what im lookin at

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.