The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
It should beer fine. Just because a plant is labeled as lowlight, and does God in lowlight, doesn't mean it can't tolerate medium or even high light. There are some plants that actually can't tolerate higher lighting conditions. However, if you have taller plants or tall driftwood next to these light intolerant plants to provide shade, they should be fine. In my experience though, java fern and anubias (I assume that's what you meant by nana), can tolerate or even thrive in higher lighting conditions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
432 Posts
yeah i dont have a hood i have two metal clamp on light fixtures that really reflect the light. Just hope i dont get algae and plants dont die. my excel will combat algae too i guess but thats a question for another thread. i am gonna build a stand and hood tomorrow and i'll raise the fixtures up a bit then.
With Excel, I have observed that regular dosing only combats algae in the beginning. Algae, like most all other living things, will eventually become tolerant of the Excel dosing and will grow anyway if the conditions are right for it. As it stands, I only dose Excel as needed. I've currently run out of Excel, but I do need to dose when I get a chance.lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.