The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for suggestions on light fixtures for my Mr. Aqua 11.4 gallon aquarium. It's 18.9 inches in length and 11.8 inches deep. I would like to be in the higher range of lighting. I love the versatility of Current's planted+ lights but don't think their current fixtures provides enough power. I have read about their prototype they are working on but cannot wait for it. I have also briefly looked at the Aquaticlife 20" T5HO fixture, but have had trouble finding about real reviews from someone keeping and high tech planted tank. I have also drooled over the Archaea 36 watt clip-on light but have not been able to find somewhere to purchase it. If anyone has one and is willing to sell it I will very quickly take it off your hands for a fair price.

Again thanks for any advice,
Tony

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the same tank and just ordered the Finnex 20" FugeRay Planted+ for it last night. I have a set of risers for the Finnex lights that I got from the TPT For Sale section that I plan to use as well. I can post pics at the end of the week if that is of interest at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would really appreciate it if you could do that. I wasn't certain if the Finnex fixture's legs were adjustable to accommodate the inch difference. I really think that the risers Fuze makes produce a really clean look.

Thanks,
Tony

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had a MA 11.4 before and used the AL 20" T5 light, it did great for me. If you feel like the standard legs will not provide enough height and produce an algae farm, use two layers of fiberglass window screen to help diffuse the light and you will be dialed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts