The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20gal Long tank with a coralife slim T5 fixture on it.
Since the tank is already low and long and the light sits right on top of the water it does not distribute enough light throughout the tank. The light sits about 1" above the water.

Has anyone had this problem and had to mock up something to set the light up higher? If so, I am up for suggestions.

I've been looking around my house for something I can use temporarily but I cant figure anything out.

Please help.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its one of those new slim ones. I am not sure how legs would mount onto them.
it has a metal wire on each side that you can pull in or out to fit onto a tank. Thats it.

Hmm, I might end up buying a different light for it ad putting this slim one on my 29gal. It spreads light more cause the 29gal is taller.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Could you screw a couple of D rings to the sides and hang it from the ceiling (or shelf) with fishing line or heavy monofiliment/stainless steel airline wire?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that is an option. I might just go the cheap way and get some screw in hooks and hang it with fishing line from the ceiling. I live in an apt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.