The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to pick up quite a bit of Seiryu stone for my 75g build, when I stumbled upon Lifegard's 44 lbs. of 10" to 13" rock for $54 on the Lowe's website. At that price I figured it was worth a shot. I placed an order and it was delivered recently (about a week after ordering).

The photos show what I received. Each rock was shrink-wrapped, and there were pieces of plywood along the long edges of the box.

I wouldn't say there are any showpieces in the lot, but I'm pretty content with what I got at $1.23/lb (including shipping).

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nice looking rocks, not bad for getting them sight unseen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Folks,

Yeah - I saw the various 44 lbs stones at Lowes - they all seem to be sold out now and you can't get delivery. I'm trying to get stone for my very first planted tank. Is there a trick to get around that at Lowes ?

Regards,
Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Folks,

Yeah - I saw the various 44 lbs stones at Lowes - they all seem to be sold out now and you can't get delivery. I'm trying to get stone for my very first planted tank. Is there a trick to get around that at Lowes ?

Regards,
Scott
I'll let you know if I figure it out! I was going to go back to get more last night and saw they were all sold out. Two weeks ago everything was available!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Timely! Was just watching this on youtube.

I don't know if they will get it back in stock or not but yeah everything looks sold out now.

I get rocks from the wild which works really well for me. Will be interesting if lifeguard restocks these anytime soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll let you know if I figure it out! I was going to go back to get more last night and saw they were all sold out. Two weeks ago everything was available!
Hi...

Thanks - yeah - I had noted it on a different YouTube channel - the word was out on a real bargain - guess we hit it like a pack of ravenous dogs - LOL - just like the run on toilet paper. I added my email to a restock notification but I'm not holding my breath.

Regards,
Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.