The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when fish do their whole "go into shock, and get swirled around like a stick" thing...is there any thing that we could do to revive them?

I just did my monthly (Sun. of the 15th) big water change (plus the weekly 10%ers) and forgot to add in the chlorine remover. Most of my fish turned pale except for one that I saw stuck in the java moss (upright). I figured he was dead and got out the net to remove him...but when he saw the net, did his whole spastic thing and is now being moved around all sorts of weird directions. Anywhoo...didnt want to kill him (2hrs later, hes still breathing, but still sideways) and decided to jus leave him in and see what happens...and worse case scenario...let the snails deal with the carcass.

but do fish EVER survive after theyve gone "everything but up" syndrome? jus curious

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah. I had that once when I tried using cold water straight from the tap in the winter time. That's exactly how they acted. They lived but it depends on the species & condition. I spend the summer fishing and I've learned some are very hardy and others a few degrees fast change will kill them dead. I'd avoid touching them until they're completely RIP.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...it wasnt a temperature problem...it was chemical poisoning...so a little different
also...

UPDATE...the fish died...I couldnt find him when I went back to my tank but then noticed a mystery snail having its way with him...so

oh well...off to that big fishbowl in the sky - ALONE!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.