The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I need a lid for my 15g, but my tank is from Aqua Japan, and has rounded front corners, meaning I cannot find a fitting lid anywhere...does anyone know of any lids that might fit my tank, or how I might go about making one? I'd obviously need to "edit" any existing lids to accommodate my filter and such, but I'd at least like something to start from. I can't seem to find a lid that remotely works for my tank... :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi, maybe have a local glass company cut a piece of glass; there are decent looking holders that fit on the rim to hold it in place. Worked for me on a 20 gallon rimless.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, maybe have a local glass company cut a piece of glass; there are decent looking holders that fit on the rim to hold it in place. Worked for me on a 20 gallon rimless.
Do you mind linking me those holders? Not sure what you mean by them, but going to a glass place if I can is a good idea :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi, sorry I did not see your request until now. Just be sure you use the correct size holder for your glass.

https://www.amazon.com/BCP-Acrylic-...fish+tank+glass+holders&qid=1595956921&sr=8-2

PS - I also had the glass company put in small holes for feeding as well as making it easier to lift lid off of tank. I originally did this on a 75 gallon, using two pieces of glass. Repeated it again on my smaller 17 gallon tank I set up after moving and downsizing. Worked great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts