The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 gallon long current housing 7 Pristella Tetra, a single Koi Betta, and a single splashing tetra (Copella sp.).

My local fish store recently got a huge shipment of what they claim is Angel Licorice Gourami (Parosphromenus anjunganensis). I'd like to get a small group of the Parosphromenus (like 4-5) in the hopes of eventually breeding them. Parosphromenus are endangered and essentially all fish available in the hobby are wild collected.

However, I'm worried that the current occupants of the 20 gallon would make for poor tankmates for the Parosphromenus anjunganensis. I don't really have any other location to keep them for the time being (in the future I can set up a small breeding set up). What do you think?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Definitely not, unless you want to move the betta to one of those floating breeder boxes for a while.

Also, keep in mind that those fish need some pretty specific water parameters. I think there's a website called the Parasphromenus project or something? You could reach out to them to ask questions as well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts