The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This series of reviews is from visiting stores Summer and Fall 2009. Each review is written from the perspective of freshwater planted aquaria only. What I find interesting may not be what you find interesting. Feel free to post any updates, clarifications, or corrections. I'd like for this to become the reference I wish I had when starting an aquarium on the front range.

Store: Sherman Tank North

Plant selection: Very small (don't go for the plants). I only saw about 1/2 tank.

Freshwater livestock selection: Reasonably wide variety. Have seen a few loaches and plecos there that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Dry goods selection: Unusually small. A few of the main consumables (food, decholrinators), but that's about it.

What's Unique: Cash only. Website lists almost all livestock, with prices. It's kept very up to date. Email newsletter for any specials, unique new stock, etc. Some bulk livestock buys that are incredible deals. I've gotten a few species (cardinal tetras, glo lite tetras, clown loaches) at <50% the going price. On these deals, they typically have 2-3 tanks full of whatever they got a good buy on. I've also heard them not sell fish because they weren't sure of their health. Overall, for serious hobbyists, get their email newsletter, and check out their website. You never know what you'll find.

Is it worth driving past 3 other fish stores to get to? Check the website. If they have livestock you're interested in, absolutely.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
They sometimes have penny sales. Buy one fish, get the next for a penny :) They used to carry many plants, but from what I have heard, after he closed some of his stores, and consolidated in the current location they cut back.

·
Banned
54 Posts
went there last week for Plants, bad idea. None and what they did have wasn't that great. I did get a healthy Pleco for cheap. No decos, not even in the tanks which if he did have some for this fish that require it they would be heathier. The blck Knife fish didn't look so hott. But overall a great fish selection. Cant waite to get dwarf corys, so hard to find anywhere else. i would go back for any unique or healthy fish and is a lot closer than the fish den.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.