The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This series of reviews is from visiting stores Summer and Fall 2009. Each review is written from the perspective of freshwater planted aquaria only. What I find interesting may not be what you find interesting. Feel free to post any updates, clarifications, or corrections. I'd like for this to become the reference I wish I had when starting an aquarium on the front range.

Store: Exotic Aquatics

Plant selection: Medium. 2 tanks.

Freshwater livestock selection: Medium. Not huge, not tiny. Some unique things.

Dry goods selection: On the smallish side. Small space, and not well organized. I think they have most of what you'd be looking for, but you may need to ask for help to find it.
(Had most of what you'd want. Had some bulk food as well.

What's Unique: In freshwater? Not a whole lot. Solid selection, has most of what you'd want. Decent selection of african root wood, and nice looking rocks. Somewhat cramped inside if there are other customers.

Is it worth driving past 3 other fish stores to get to? I guess that depends on which 3 stores. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you want duckweed, this is the place to go. It's free with every purchase (whether you want it or not). :)
lol

Their selection is pretty small, both of fish and plants. But they do have some nice looking anubias for sale right now. I think i'm going to pick one up today and attach it to my driftwood.

P.S. They are super friendly, especially the owner, the manager, and the cute girl with glasses :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.