The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to toronto on tuesday and i was thinking i would love to go to a good lfs :) can anyone suggest one for me?

i am hoping i will be able to get some new plants and get them shipped (i am not sure if i can take them on a plane)

oh, my parents live in scarborough so i will be either on that end of the city or downtown.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The best LFS for plant selection (in Canada?) is definitely Menagerie. The nice thing about them is that they post a weekly updated list of plant shipments they receive here.

If you remove the water you'll have no problem bringing the plants onto a plane. They'll be fine for a couple of hours. Although, according to their website, that store will also ship the plants to you if requested.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! i will try to get there :)

my problem is that i have an almost 3 hour flight then i have to pick up my dogs at boarding, then drive 1/2 hour to my inlaws to pick up my ferrets (and probably stay there chatting for about an hour :( ) and then drive the 2 1/2 hours home. i guess i could put some water in the bag at the airport when we get back home, that might work.

i think i would rather get them to ship the plants express or something.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i think i would rather get them to ship the plants express or something.

That shouldn't be a problem. According to their website:
We get quite a number of requests to ship plants to customers who are out of province or quite a distance from us. We can ship plants but we will only ship during good weather. We send plants by Canada Post Xresspost which works quite well. We will ship only from May through to the end of October.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.