The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what I've never had? One of these tank journal threads. Mainly because I seem to rearrange my tanks every 2 months. But anyways, here's my first journal thread for a 10g I'm semi-working on. All stem plants. Will probably end up a jungle, but I may go Dutch-ish with it depending on how things go. The original plan was to use 18 different species, with three rows of six in a grid, but alas, I've yet to find that many different plants that can survive my care.

Size: 10 gallons
Lighting: 23w 6500k CFL + 15w 6500k CFL
Filtration: Duetto 50. Fiddy. Duetto Fiddy
Substrate: Plain Gravel, Crushed Coral
CO2: Excel, daily
Fertilizer: Jungle Fertilizer/Water Conditioner.. planning to use Osmocote+ if the darn plants ever start to root

Plant List
Rotala 'nanjanshan'
Linderia rotundifolia 'variegated'
Bacopa caroliniana
Bacopa 'colorata'
Dilidipitty diandilly
Staurogyne repens
Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis'
Heteranthera zosterifolia
Bacopa monnieri
Rotala 'gai lai'
Bacopa australis

Made the dumb mistake of putting the Bacopa caroliniana up front. I assumed it would grow slow and allow me to trim it to a bush, but turns out it's the tank's fastest grower. Go figure. If I follow the original grid plan, that would leave space for seven more plants.

There's also Bladderwort and Nitella in there which I've yet to remove, surely I'll regret later on.

I'll work on my photography skills at a later time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not much going on, except for plants constantly uprooting and floating off. Did get some macro filters for my camera though, so I get to play with faux-macro shots.

Bacopa australis

Bacopa 'colorata'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.