The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Get a level, and fix the stand by propping up one side with some shims? Best thing would be to have it on a level surface though. Oh yea, drain the tank before you do anything (makes things easier, hahha).

·
Registered
705 Posts
meh i used cardboard but im hardcore ghetto so:icon_lol:

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I used coins to level my tank.:icon_mrgr
That's what I use also. I put them under the corner of the stand where it needs to be raised. They won't compress like cardboard, styrofoam, etc can.

I tried jacking up the side of the house that was a little low but it took too long. It made me sweat too much too.:icon_lol:

Pennies, nickels, etc. are a lot easier to use and stay in place well.:proud:

·
Registered
888 Posts
I was looking and would a piece of wood(like 1" thinc) work?
How many gallons was your tank?:) On long-term, nope. Wood will eventually split. At least, that's what I observed when I used it to level my stand holding two 75-gallons tanks.:eek:

·
Registered
888 Posts
How do I go about that? Do I just stack the coins to where it looks level?
I used the glue and keep trying to see if the stand is level. Use carpenter's level for this. If not leveled yet, add another coin until the stand appears to have been levelled.:smile:

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
With a 10g tank you can use something to lift the corner up and add the pennies. You'd only need to just take a little bit of water out because it's not that heavy.

I have a 10g tank on the 12g Eclipse stand. The whole back side was low. It wasn't level in the front to back direction. I used a towel to keep from scratching the floor and a big screwdriver to lift it up. I had to put pennies on both back corners. I had a level on it and it only took a few minutes to do it.

If you find out that a penny is too thick and a dime won't work either. Place a penny on a railroad track and let the train run over it. It works like a charm.:icon_lol:

·
Registered
888 Posts
If you find out that a penny is too thick and a dime won't work either. Place a penny on a railroad track and let the train run over it. It works like a charm.:icon_lol:
You great kidder.:hihi:

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Just don't get your foot caught on the track!
I drill a tiny hole in the penny and tie fishing line to it now. That way I don't have to use my foot anymore. I found some of my toes the next day after the accident. They're in a jar of formaldehyde on my desk right now.:proud:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts