The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 65g I am trying to level. My first attempt at leveling :laugh2:
Used the level on the top trim and leveled it. Filled 1/2 full and the water line is not level :surprise:
I got to looking at the top trim and it is not sitting completely level :frown2:
So, my question is:
Can I level the tank using the water line. Placing the level on the glass at the water line?
Thank you for any and all help :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
haha that happened to my homemade stand, I was pissed because I thought I had messed up. it turns out my floor was not leveled. since it's a rimless tank you can tell right away when things aren't leveled. I used pennies under the corners to level everything, turned out to be pretty easy

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I had the same problem at my condo. I did as you said. Put the level on the rim of the tank and them hammered shims under the stand to level it. Took about 4 in total but worked well and verry easy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
Generally I put water in to the top of the bottom trim and level on that. Way more accurate than any 4' level you want to put on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.