The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, before we begin to fill our 75, thought I'd see what everyone thinks. This is our front to back amount of being in unlevel. Our floor is the issue, so we got some shims.

This is a Marineland majesty pine stand. Left to right, it's level. Would throwing some shims on the front of the stand help? I've seen where Marineland says any shims voids their warranty, and that shimming makes the issue worse and can also cause failure.

Our 125 isn't level from left to right and it's been up for 6 years.

Thanks!
Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Audio equipment Clock
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Gas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Maybe make yourself some staging for the stand and use shims to level the staging? That's what I had to do for my 220 gallon along with adding jacks and posts in the basement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with the staging if you're worried about the warranty. Just because your other tank is okay doesn't guarantee that this one will be. I don't know what the actually base looks like from the underside, but an inexpensive option could be using those heavy duty foam gym mats that weight racks stand on cut to the dimensions of the stand to help level if only minor adjustments are needed. Looking at the photo I think it would work for you, but I would only fill 50% and double check if you went that route. A solid staging would be the A++ option, but I've seen fish stores using the mats without issues. GL

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the stand. Gonna shim the corners and along the bottom front and see how it goes
Wood Water Gas Automotive exterior Display case

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I'd shim the stand*, just make sure you don't stick one or 2 shims in alone. You need support for any area that is raised up above the rest.

*I'd only both shimming the stand if the water level is noticeable to you when you put it in the tank. If it's not noticeably different from to back then I wouldn't worry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.