The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly caught up on a lot of common saltwater diseases in fish. But when it comes to freshwater, I'm incredibly lacking. So let's play a game >:) . Read through this thread. If you know of a disease in freshwater fish and its treatment, then post it. If you see a disease and know another treatment, post it. I'll start:

Freshwater ich (Ichthyopthirius multifilis). Treatment: Tank Transfer Method + leave the tank fallow for a week at 80 F.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not a disease but a parasite and one I didn't see listed in the great resource Mark shared after only a quick glance is camallanus worms. Easiest way of identification is seeing what look like red threads coming out a fishes vent or anus. Nowadays they make medicated foods which apparently work for them but I always just used pig dewormer that contained levamisole. Always good to treat fish for potential bacterial infection if they survive the death/expel of the worms too as the damage the worms cause can invite secondary bacterial infections while the fish heal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.