The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so I moved a two snails from each tank into another tank. Still no changes from either snails. Could it be temp or getting attacked by smaller Assassin snails?

· Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did treat with Dog Dewormer, a few weeks ago, but I did not have any problems until now. Still no change in all of the snails. I am finding alot of empty shells.

· Registered
6,167 Posts
I did treat with Dog Dewormer, a few weeks ago, but I did not have any problems until now. Still no change in all of the snails. I am finding alot of empty shells.
I wasn't sure what to say since your parameters seemed perfectly fine. However, after reading this, this could be the problem. Fen/flubendazole is sometimes quite harmful to pest snails. It's really hit or miss. So in your case the effect seems to be killing them off.

Do a test, remove some MTS from your tank and just place them in a cup of tap and see how they do.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
Everything I've read on using canine dewormer in tanks warns that it's lethal to any snails left in the tank--and snails should only be reintroduced to a treated tank with great caution as the stuff doesn't naturally break down in the substrate so wc/carbon aren't guaranteed to remove it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.