The Planted Tank Forum banner

401 - 420 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
What are GPS? I have CO2 on my Spec V
Also.
Do you mean BPS (Bubbles per second)? I'm at 1 BPS with a 50mm atomic diffuser. Because it's in the filter compartment, It's slightly higher than it would be in the actual tank. I'm running the filter pump full blast with about 3 small holes at the top of the intake tube. The water spits out and helps move the co2 bubbles around. The drop checker is a nice shade of lighter green.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
@ipkiss Hello and a belated happy new year to you too! I'm really missing writing about my tanks, and so much has changed! I'm glad my journal entries were as entertaining for you as I thought they were in my own head.

I have one week left of classes and then finals. After that I have graduated, and off I go to working for the man and hopefully writing for myself again! I promise to return and give you the lengthiest update once that happens!

Here is a picture to tie you over until then :p

·
Premium Member
Rank Amateur
1,370 Posts
@ipkiss Hello and a belated happy new year to you too! I'm really missing writing about my tanks, and so much has changed! I'm glad my journal entries were as entertaining for you as I thought they were in my own head.

I have one week left of classes and then finals. After that I have graduated, and off I go to working for the man and hopefully writing for myself again! I promise to return and give you the lengthiest update once that happens!

Here is a picture to tie you over until then

Thanks and Best of luck and success!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Spec V. I couldn't shoehorn another plant in if I wanted too.

Red Cherry Shrimp
Bloody Mary Shrimp
Otto cats
Pygmy Cory's
My blue beta
A single harlequin rasbora.
Assasin snails
A single Nerite.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
208 Posts
@puriance Do you use CO2 in your tanks? And can I ask what plants you have/what temp you run? It looks great!
Hello!

Sorry for the delayed reply on my end. I'm hoping to get more into the swing of things now. Even setting up a new tank this weekend.

Anywho, I run at about 80, and no CO2.

I have Vallisneria americana 'Natans, Rotala wallichii, anubias nana, Limnophila sessiliflora, s repens, java moss and helanthium.

This tank is my favourite at the moment. It's been so stable and lovely to keep. I did take out the manzanita and move it in with my pygmy guorami's as they needed a bit more cover (the moss has grown in).

·
Registered
34 Posts
So now that my reeftank is stable time to go play with a planted tank. This is only the beginning planing to add co2 and shrimp and maybe one more koi betta.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's mine. Set it up exactly two months ago. I've had more trouble getting this tank stable compared to my others (7g cube, 29g, 75g) and I wonder if it is due to the small size and relatively lower plant mass.

Barry the betta is happy enough. They're pretty easy to please once you get them out of those cups

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here's mine. Set it up exactly two months ago. I've had more trouble getting this tank stable compared to my others (7g cube, 29g, 75g) and I wonder if it is due to the small size and relatively lower plant mass.

Barry the betta is happy enough. They're pretty easy to please once you get them out of those cups

Looks like you have a pretty deep substrate bed and a lot of hardscape, so the tank is probably more like 3-4 gallons of water.

5 gallon and less tanks really do best with two water changes per week. I'm not always diligent about it but I can tell when I have been doing two water changes per week for a few week, they plants look great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
That is an amazing set-up!
Wow!
Is this the first tank you have set up?

And, welcome to the forum @chkby2 ! Glad you decided to stop in and say "hi!"
Set up a journal and tell us about your aquarium.

401 - 420 of 421 Posts